The permit capitol of the world and so much more.
Mention the word Belize to any fly angler, fresh or salt, and images of permit, tarpon, and bonefish quickly come to mind. Belize is known as the "Permit capitol of the world" in the arena of fly fishing, but really should be known for it's incredibly diverse types of saltwater angling. Whether you love stalking bonefish in ankle deep water, casting to cruising tarpon in deep channels, or watching permit tails as they feed on crabs amongst coral, Belize really has it all.
Next February (2017) Bo Brand from the Silver Bow will be hosting a group trip to this legendary saltwater fly fishing destination for those looking to escape the snow and cold during the winter. Before we could even get some writing up on the site, Bo had quite a bit of demand and 8 of 10 slots have already been booked. We only have 2 spaces left, and I suspect they will not last long! For those going on the trip, Bo will be available for any help with gear, casting lessons, and any general help needed before or during your adventure to Turneffe.
Jon and I have hosted numerous trips to Belize in the past in the San Pedro / Caye Caulker regions and have enjoyed Belize tremendously. With it's diverse mix of species and fly fishing locations we are sure that the world famous Turneffe Flats Lodge will not disappoint.
- Location - Turneffe Flats Lodge
- Species - Bonefish, Permit & Tarpon
- Dates - February 25 though March 4, 2017
- Spaces Available - 0 of 10
- Rate - $4,736.20 per person with taxes for a 7 night / 6 day package based on double occupancy
- Included - Accommodations and meals at the lodge, guided fishing adventure, round-trip transportation between Belize City and the lodge.
- Not Included - Airfare, accommodations and meals in Belize City (if needed), staff & guide gratuities, fishing equipment rentals, alcohol.