Like river access? This is your chance!
Want more access on the Spokane River? Want a place to launch your drift boat, raft, kayak? This is your chance to help create that access! Glover Field in Peaceful Valley, right below the falls, is currently in the design process for redeveloping and improving access to the river. This also includes a new boat slide for anglers, whitewater enthusiast, and other recreational paddlers to have a boat launch site right out of downtown. Creating a boat access at Glover gives river users access to the Spokane River Gorge. We currently have a takeout already at the Treatment Plant that has been redeveloped (thanks to Spokane River Forum pushing to get that done) so why don't we have a put-in?!
Join us on May 19th for our annual Spokane River Fundraiser called Water to Wine in conjunction with the Spokane River Forum. This year's event will be held at the Chateau Rive in the basement of the Flour Mill. Chateau Rive sits adjacent to the Spokane Falls and offers a scenic view of the river and downtown. A venue worth checking out! As with all fundraisers we help host there will be many great auction items like a Winston fly rod, guided trips, and more. An excellent spread of appetizers, drinks, wine / beer, as well as live music from the The Cronkites. Should be a great time!
All proceeds go towards the Glover Field Park and Boat Access project to help see it through completion.
- Date - Friday, May 19, 2017
- Where - Chateau River, Flour Mill Basement 621 West Mallon Avenue, Spokane, WA 99201 - Google Maps
- Parking - $6.00 Flour Mill Parking Lot. 10 Hour Meter Packing on the Street.
- Start Time - 5:30 pm
- End Time - 8:30 pm
- Cost - $75 (Tickets at the door or online)
- Bar - Nothing says liquid Spokane spirit better than No-Li Brewhouse and Barili Cellars. These local beer and wine craft masters will enhance our righteous river celebration.
Register here! for an evening filled with celebration, purpose and good fun.
Past Spokane River Forum Projects
Local access at Islands Trailhead
Local access at Aubrey White
- April 14, 2017 - DAA Auto Body Center Steps Up as Water to Wine Sponsor
- April 7, 2017 - Silver Bow's Sean Visintainer Invites you to Water to Wine
- March 24, 2017 - Legislative Assist Needed for Glover Field Construction
- March 24, 2017 - Glover Field Water Trail Access Takes Big Step Forward
- December 28, 2016 - Water Trail elves working past Xmas