New 2018 Model
4-Layer GORE-TEX® Pro Fabric - 30% Lighter / 180% More Breathable
The newly redesigned Simms G3 Stockingfoot Wader features a new 4-Layer Gore-Tex for improved comfort and durability in a wider range of conditions. It takes a lot to actually make an already outstanding product better so when Simms launched the latest G3 Waders we knew that there would have to be significant enhancements. Featuring the latest in Gore-Tex Technology, the Simms G3 Waders will handle more conditions with ease. The new 4-Layer Gore-Tex will not only be substantially more breathable, it is more resistant to pinholes and offers a greater range of movements with a more supple feel and fit. Finally a wader designed and optimized to be submerged in the water! The new Simms G3 Stockingfoot Wader sets the bar yet again as the flagship wader in the Simms lineup.
Why did Simms change to the New 4-Layer GORE-TEX®?
Simms is obsessed with improvement. When it comes to making the world's finest fishing waders, Simms does not rest with the techniques of yesterday, but want to continually improve our waders. For this line launch, we identified the need for a more breathable wader fabric for the angler who fishes in a wide variety of environments.
What problems did Simms address with this change?
Simms worked with W.L. Gore (GORE-TEX® Company) to develop a more breathable wader laminate, which offers anglers increased comfort over any other wader laminate on the market. The new laminate has been developed with breathability performance optimized for a submerged, in-river environment. Additionally, Simms was able to develop a more pinhole puncture resistant laminate with the introduction of a film layer into the lamination recipe.
How is the 4-Layer different than the previous 5-Layer
There are a few ways the new 4-layer GORE-TEX® Pro fabric performs better for the G3 Guide™ collection. First off, the drape of the fabric is much improved due to enhanced suppleness. With this comes improved range of motion and ease of navigating complex wading situations. The breathability of this fabric offers a 180% improvement over the previous G3 Guide™ 5-layer GORE-TEX®. This has been backed by both lab and field testing. All of this provides a wader fabric that can perform in a wide range of angling environments.
- Upper = 3-Layer GORE-TEX® Pro Shell / Seat & Legs = 4-Layer GORE-TEX® Pro Shell
- Zippered chest pocket
- Removable Flip-out Tippet Tender™ pocket with dual-entry zippers
- & retractor docking station
- Zippered reach-through micro-fleece lined hand-warmer chest pocket
- Super-fly Patch® and integrated utility tabs
- Built-in low-profile belt loops with 2" stretch wading belt included
- Patented front and back leg seams
- Adjustable elastic 1.5" suspender with opposing YKK® buckles for waist-high conversion
- Abrasion-resistant built-in Gravel Guards with boot hooks
- Anatomically engineered neoprene stockingfeet with anti-microbial finish
- Approx. 1276 g (45 oz)
- Made in Bozeman Montana, USA