Back in Stock!! - One of the best factory built kits for the money.
The Sage Foundation rod and reel outfit is one of those combos that will blow you away with both the price and the performance. Featuring time proven Graphite IIIe blank technology that delivers powerful yet effortless cast in the classic Sage fast action feel. The Foundation from Sage may be one of those rods that is "too good" for the money. Sage also nailed it in the cosmetic category with minimal, but super sharp looks of a matte black blank, snub nose full wells style grip for control, aluminum reel seat, and crisp Sage graphics.
We have found this rod to perform well at short range and at longer ranges. While the action may be considered fast, the Sage Foundation loads easily for new fly casters and will deliver when an experienced caster wants to unleash a big cast. Built in traditional Sage fashion on Bainbridge Island, Washington by the same 27 folks that build all the Sage fly rods. A great rod at a great value!
Combine this excellent rod with the Sage 2200 Series Fly Reel featuring an aluminum body, large arbor for fast retrieves, and a buttery smooth disc drag for a combo that will be enjoyable for years to come. The Sage Foundation Outfit is matched up with the highly versatile Rio Gold Fly Line for all around performance. Packaged in a custom rod and reel case.
- Kit Includes
- Sage Foundation Fly Rod
- Sage Black/Platinum 2200 Series Reel
- RIO Gold fly line, tapered leader, and backing
- Rugged black nylon rod and reel case
- Action: Fast
- Sections: 4
- Blank: Graphite IIIe Technology
- Real Seat: Black Anodized Aluminum Up-Locking
- Grip: Snub Nose Cork Handle ( Fighting Butt on Saltwater Weights )
- Guides: Ceramic Stripper Guides; Hard Chrome Snake Guides and Tip-Top
- Fly Rod Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, Washington State, USA
|590-4||9' 0"||5||Snub-Nose, Half Wells||3-1/16 oz|
- Manufacturer: Sage
- Manufacturer Part Number: