Improved for 2020!! The RIO Gold has been the go-to trout line around the world for many years, and for a multitude of fly fishers. The line has a long head and back taper that give casters total line control and stability at range - whether casting or mending. The unique profile is designed to load a fly rod at close range, and has a front taper that delivers perfect presentation of flies between sizes #22 and #2.
We have enhanced the performance of this wonderful trout line by building it with SlickCast - RIO's proprietary coating technology. SlickCast creates the slickest, most durable fly lines on the market. Lab tests show that lines built with SlickCast have the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line. In addition, the line features MaxFloat Tip Technology, RIO's proprietary tip coating formula that floats more than twice as high as regular line tips, without any increase in diameter.
The RIO Gold is the ultimate all round, floating line for the trout fly fisher.
|Head Length||Total Length||SKU|
|WF4F||126 gr||175 gr||46'||90'||6-19231|
|WF5F||146 gr||208 gr||47'||90'||6-19232|
|WF6F||168 gr||234 gr||48'||90'||6-19233|
- Long head for ultimate casting control
- Taper design to cast flies between #2 and #22
- Front biased weight to load rods at close range
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast
- Welded loops on both ends
- Made with a supple, coldwater core and coating
- Dualtone - Marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious color change in the line at the sweet spot.
- Printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Made in USA
- Manufacturer: Rio Products
- Manufacturer Part Number: