Fishpond's new Switchback Wading Belt System is definitely one of the most innovative pack designs to hit the market. Hip packs are great for packing just what you need, but the problem has always been accessing its contents when the pack is hanging on your backside. Fishpond eliminated the hassle and created a system which allows the pack to slide independently from the back to the front without having to adjust your belt. Combined with the the molded net holster and shoulder strap, featuring tool and fly attachments, makes this perfect for hitting the water without packing the kitchen sink.
Another neat feature to the Fishpond Switchback Belt is you can wear the belt with other chest packs, vests, or backpacks. Plus you add other items like the molded wading staff pouch, drink holder, and Quickshot 2.0 Rod Holder.
- Modular system includes a wader belt with net slot, 5L pack, and shoulder strap
- Wader Belt is made with thermoformed foam for comfort around your waist, and has a built in net slot that holds mostly any size net handle
- The included pack slides from front to back on the wader belt ‘rail’ - allowing you to keep the belt and net in place and move only your pack in and out of your workspace
- Pack can be configured on the left or right side
- Shoulder strap can be configured on the left or right side - or can be removed completely
- Shoulder strap pad has various Hypalon tool attachment points and velcro ‘loop’ for attaching fly patches or drying out flies
- The underside of the shoudler strap pad has a silicone printing to minimize slip
- Pack has two main zippered pockets and holds 2-3 large fly boxes, or 4-6 slim fly boxes
- Pack has two front stretch pockets for quick access items
- Hemo’s sheath hidden behind the front stretch pockets
- Pack has Hypalon attachment points for retractors or hemos on each side
- 5 L Pack
- Pack Measurements: 9" x 7" x 5"
- Belt padding: 32" long x 4.5" high
- Webbing maximum length: 63"