Abel reinvents a classic with their stunning Abel TR Reel. Abel Fly Reels maintained the traditional click pawl design of the TR series of fly reels for those that love the sound of line singing off the reel. The Abel TR now features a large arbor spool design to reduce line memory and improve retrieval rate. The exterior styling is also cleaned up by removing the counterweight and integrating a precision balanced clicker on the spool for a clean look. If you are in the market for a classy fly reel but don't want to give up your modern comforts, the Abel TR Fly Reel is a winning choice.
BASE PRICE = High Gloss Black Finish
Solid / Satin Finishes - Base Price + $100
Abel now offers 16 anodized colors in either a hand polished high gloss, or a textured satin finish that give you a total of 32 options to choose from in 2019. Take advantage of Abel’s ability to aesthetically pair up reels to compliment a fly rod brand, match a favorite sports team, or score some points with your “better half” on a product that shows you put some extra thought into a gift item.
4 Hour + Hand Crafted Finishes - Base Price + $250
Abel is the only company in the fly fishing industry that offers hand painted, and hand anodized products. The proprietary process we developed takes an incredible amount of time to accomplish, and requires even more patience from our team of factory artists to create. Each hand painted finish in our Tier 1 category requires a minimum of 4 hours to complete, and can certainly be considered a one-of-a-kind heirloom reel.
- Only 21 meticulously machined parts ensure a lifetime of dependable use
- A time honored click-pawl system protects light tippet while preventing overrun
- Partially-ported frame for the perfect balance of weight, sound, and aesthetics
- Milled silhouettes of a stonefly, caddis, and mayfly inside the frame
- Quick-change spool with a threaded release cap and large-arbor design
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Made in the USA
- Manufacturer: Abel
- Manufacturer Part Number: