Exceptional line speed and power best describe the Scott Meridian Saltwater Fly Rod series. Speed and power doesn't have to come at a sacrifice though. Thanks to ReAct technology recovery speed is increased rather than stiffness resulting in a rod that feels light and more efficiently transfers energy. This enhanced feel helps you make fast, accurate cast at any range saltwater conditions demand.
We first fished the Scott Meridian Saltwater Rod as a prototype on the flats of Cuba and were amazed at the ability of the rod to load and fire with ease. Close shots at surprise fish were no problem with the easy loading tip and the Meridian's light swing weight reduces casting fatigue while enjoyment reaches new heights. The Meridian's light, crisp action develops tight, accurate loops and the butt and mid sections have plenty of fish stopping power.
Scott Fly Rods really tricked out the Meridian from tip top to fighting butt to fight the harsh elements of corrosive saltwater. From the aircraft grade type 3 mil-spec hard coat reel seat, to the titanium Recoil guides for reduced line friction and corrosion performance, Scott designed the Meridian for you to focus on the fishing and not the equipment.
In the words of Bo Brand from the Silver Bow, "The Meridian is awesome. A lightweight, fast, and castable saltwater fly rod."
- React Technology - Brings together X-Core with a new complex materials and taper system to dramatically increase recovery speed.
- X-Core Technology - Enhanced feel, incredible stability, and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry’s most advanced composite technologies with cutting-edge design.
- Fiberfuse - Enhanced resin uses new chemistry to create stronger bonds between each fiber.
- Multi-Modulus Design - Fine-tuned flex and recovery.
- ARC - Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- Action: Fast
- Sections: 4
- Blank: ReAct Technology Graphite
- Color: Dark Natural Graphite, Clear Finish
- Real Seat: Anodized reel seats, type 3 mil-spec hard coat in non-reflective flat black
- Grip: Full-wells top grade Portuguese Cork
- Guides: Titanium framed SiC stripping guides and Recoil nickel titanium snake guides
- Rod Tube: Premium aluminum tube and logod rod sock
- Handcrafted in Montrose, Colorado, USA
- Manufacturer: Scott
- Manufacturer Part Number: