Winter time often puts most anglers in a fishing slump. I know it certainly has put me in a fishing slump this year. Up and down weather, windstorms, the holiday rush, frozen water, blown-out rivers, the list goes on as to why it can be challenging to fish in the winter. However, when air temps and water conditions line-up to be at least somewhat tolerable, it can be really be a fun experience. Yet even though not so ideal weather conditions can still be fun and even quite beautiful outside when fishing.
We compiled a short list of winter time fly fishing photos to help cure your winter blues and maybe even inspire you to get outside and fish a little. Even if it's just for a few hours.
- Once in awhile both Mike and I actually get our photo taken together. Methow River, Washington.
- Spokane River Devil's Toe Nail.
- Fishing between ice on the St Joe River.
- Winter time redband from streamer fishing on the Spokane River.
- Swinging streamers on the Spokane River.
- Floating the NF Coeur d'Alene River during a late winter snow storm.
- Calm and quiet at Rocky Ford.
- Methow River Sunset.
- Iced up on the St Joe River.
- Spokane Redband.
- Snow Capped, Grande Ronde.
- Snow falls on the lower Grande Ronde River.
- Christmas Eve on the Clearwater, Idaho.
- Socked in on the Ronde.