Let us do the rowing
Probably one of the most overlooked and underrated streams in our region for fly fishing is the Spokane River. Flowing through a major metropolitan area, the Spokane River does not sound like it should be a "destination fishery". While it may not support thousands of trout like most big name destination waters, the trout that it does support are eager to eat and are a very respectable size. An urban trout fishery, with a wilderness experience.
5 Reasons to let us row you down the Spokane.
- It's right here - Don't get me wrong, I love travel and far away fisheries in the mountains. How many cities can boast they have a wild trout stream flowing through town!
- Wild Redband Rainbows - Hard fighting rainbows are the name of the game. While it has cutthroat and a few browns, the main species is one of the scrappiest fish around. They react well to flies and can grow fairly large. Why would you not want to catch Spokane's iconic species?!
- Floatable all summer - Since the Spokane River is formed by the Coeur d'Alene and Joe drainages it has the most consistent volume all summer for navigating boats. The aquifer adds to it as well to keep it moving.
- Cool water temps all summer - The Spokane River has stretches of recharge from the aquifer keeping the water temps cool and safe all summer long. As levels drop, the river is influenced more by the aquifer recharge and less by warm water spilling over dams.
- Solitude - It's quite surprising that a river flowing through a major metropolitan area doesn't receive more pressure. Often times you can float the river and hardly see anyone. Shhhh don't tell too many people!
$395 1 or 2 anglers
- 6 hour float
- Gear, flies, and exceptional instruction included!
- Snacks / beverages included
- Call Bo at the shop to book one of our guides today! 509-924-9998